03 July 2007

RIP, beloved iPod

Sunday, while my friend M and I were jubilantly receiving the body of Rufus in Gothenburg, someone broke into our car and stole - my iPod. And M's money, credit cards, keys (to everywhere, basically), driver's licence etc. etc.

I miss my iPod. And the 4,000 songs in it. And the cover Filip had once made for it... I'll get some insurance money back, but not this iPod, of course. M will have her things restored - eventually. But the hassle... And the annoying bit of walking through all of Gothenburg at night only to find the main police station was closed. *Sigh*

Through it all, we were never completely discouraged. I even held my spirits (and eyes!) up while driving home, shipping M off with the 05:30 boat from here and returning home as hubby was getting ready for work... After all, Monday was my first day of holidays.

And Rufus ... was absolutely fabulous!

4 comments:

Devil Mood said...

Thank God for Rufus, otherwise what a nightmare :(
4000 lovely songs, that's sad :( That's why my mp3 is such a piece of crap, pardon my language, no-one would want to steal it. Same goes for my mobile.

Claire said...

That sucks. My car's been broken into before and it's a total drag. I would've been immensely annoyed to find the main police station closed.

Glad the concert ameliorated the experience for you though!

Eric said...

The up-side to this is that now you have the perfect excuse to go out and buy one of those fancy new iPhones as a replacement!

x said...

how awful! ipods are so personal, it's like stealing your knickers, but, erm, more expensive.