10 June 2007

Palace of fine arts

It's turning into a pure photoblog, this... But I've only got a few more places in San Francisco to show you. And then maybe some odds and ends...
Pretty impressive size...
I didn't manage to capture any of the turtles in the pond on film (you know, on memory chip..), but they were there - as were the giant goldfish...
Weird to think it was all built in 1915 - not 15 AD. And that it was built mainly of plaster... But since people liked it so much, they didn't pull it down and had to be refurbished for zillions of dollars later. Americans... Gotta lov'em ;)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Claire said...

The Palace of fine arts is very cool. I took a bunch of shots there too when I was in SF. Even have one of turtles somewhere... I can track it down if you like- just drop me an email.

Devil Mood said...

This building is great - happy that it was on the postcard you sent me :)