18 December 2006

HAHA - that's positively hilarious!!

So the photo below will be changing as the days go by -- this one above will - hopefully - stay the same... It's from today at 11:30 AM. Now - satisfied, y'all? It ISN'T that dark...

UPDATE!! (was: "the polar night?")

Really, Rarity - as a Norwegian you should have known there was something wrong...

My below post was written exactly to show you how dark it ISN'T in daytime "polar night" -- but then, apparently, I must have linked to the actual webcam, and not to the photo from 11:18 --- thus giving you exactly the impression of dark as I wanted to rid you of...

I think that's precious...

Well, when daylight hits again, provided there's no rain etc. etc. I'll try to give you a static photo next time, to show you what I mean.. (Yes, if you double click the photo below you may be able to detect the time on top of it - saying, e.g. 23:20 - an hour in which darkness will reign in most hemispheres...)

****
This is right now (11:18 AM) in Henningsvær, Lofoten


So - the sun disappeared December 5th, to come back January 6th. But it's not that dark, is it? People (including Norwegians from further south...) tend to think it'll be pitch black all day. I just thought I'd show you that it isn't. Or - it doesn't have to be. (Whether it's there or here it will be dark and gloomy in bad winter weather...)

5 comments:

author said...

Well, Scholi, if that's not dark as a pit I don't know what is...

I would go nuts under those conditions - no matter how bright the summer season is up there...

Devil Mood said...

Oh God...are you serious?
It really doesn't get much lighter than that, does it? I honestly think I'd go insane. Over here, it's sunny, at least until 5:30 pm. Well, when there's a light inside of us, it doesn't matter how dark it gets!

kimananda said...

Looks pretty dark to me...but that's just cause I'm in the bright bright day and night sun (well, no, but it seems that way in comparison with DK!)

Devil Mood said...

OH! Good, you scared me for a moment!!

author said...

Okay then, I thought you were being sarcastic...