- strongly diminished social skills (sic!)
- severe restlessness
- verge of madness
- Foul (see photo)
Cure / Medication:
- moan, wail and gnash teeth (check)
- curse computer wiz (check)
- curse internet supplier (check)
- call computer wiz (check)
- call internet supplier (check)
- have internet supplier fix their lines (duh!) (check)
- have computer wiz update router information after internet supplier replaced old modem (check)
- curse internet supplier for offering that high-speed broadband connection just before Christmas without actually asking if your modem could take it (check)
- keep cursing as nothing works anyway...
- bill internet supplier for new modem and computer wiz’ working hours on the router [oh yes, will do, shortly!]
Survival expectancy: Surprisingly, yes… At least now I've got two days' work in town and online ahead of me...
Relapse expectancy: Absolutely none! Then I’d rather work in town every day… Or -
of course, being offline wouldn’t necessarily be intolerable…
... If this was where I was at...
(And no, of course I'm not spending my first day at work, online, blogging. I wrote this at home. In the weekend. In a textfile. Duh... And the computer wiz is coming around to my home office Wednesday morning. Hopefully all will be well after that...)