17 May 2007

It's that time of year again...

It's the 17th tomorrow - globally, I guess, but over here it's our national day and much ado as well as much to do... I've just baked two cakes in between working, and will start ironing shirts shortly...

Update: I've just finished ironing those shirts. It's now 1:14 AM, 17th of May. Hoorah! And there will be much rejoicing - from me - in exactly 11 hours and 46 minutes, when it will all be over at our school... Now, I will of course enjoy watching the quads' first parade, and helping Jakob sneak out of his 4th (he hates it). I'll also meet everybody I know in this place within a 2 square mile area and 1 hour to catch up with them all.

Hoorah.

Now, I read today that Rufus will be touring Europe while I'm in San Francisco. So much for the daydream... BUT ---- I've got tickets for his concert in Gothenburg on July 1st! I'm so excited I've been grinning like mad even through all the ironing! Finally, I get to see him... (Incidentally, we saw Robbie Williams in Gothenburg July 1st last year, is this becoming a tradition? I can live with that...)

2 comments:

Merujo said...

Hope you're enjoying the holiday today!! Cheers!!

Devil Mood said...

Have a good national day and may the kids enjoy the parade!
I just love your new profile photo!