25 February 2006

Home!

We're home! Which means here (Merujo, this does remind me of a house you once posted as your dream house, am I close?).

The view from the cabin wasn't precisely as I laid out in the previous post. This is what it actually looked like: I know. Even better!! (Yes, that's the actual view from the actual cabin while we were actually there...)

After our first night we found these tracks on our terrace - we figured they were the tracks of a hare - but we never saw who made them... Still, the kids were thrilled!

We had a great week off, we really did. The weather was mostly excellent, the kids were mostly not killing eachother (the few attempts were interrupted), the not-having-to-go-by-the-watch was priceless... We all played outside for several hours every day. Which meant the kids weren't half as tired at nights as we were, as they're used to outdoor life whereas we really don't do that many off-to-the-forest-excursions during a normal working day...

Here's going up - long, long line... (One kid already on top of the hill!)














And here's Mathias going down. Get ye away from his path!

When we weren't outside we were playing good, old-fashioned board games. (As it turned out, they weren't bored games!) The kids even chose playing for children's tv, which is rare! This game in particular won them over - even though Jakob and Filip are extremely competitive and would be equally devastated (i.e. furious) whenever they lost - but they'd still play another round...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pictures are absolutely GORGEOUS! My manager was in Norway this past week. I thought of you when he told me he was going to be there.

I recieved your rubber bands a couple of days ago, and your wonderful note. Thank you so much. I'll be doing another Blog Ball post as soon as I finish this silly contest. (Come on over and vote!) Anyhow, your bands have been added, and your vibe is bouncing that ball up and down! Welcome home! xo

Claire said...

I'm glad to hear you had such a wonderful time. Looks gorgeous.

Welcome back!

Christine Bakke said...

Wow. Wonderful! I'm not sure how I found your blog, but I'm glad I did. I'm enjoying reading it and seeing these wonderful pictures (I'm half Norwegian but never been to Norway).

Just D said...

Welcome back! Sounds like a perfect vacation... being physically tired is way better than being emotionally tired! I would have loved to been there and hear the kids yelling as they came flying down the hill! What fun!

The Ebb said...

Wow-ey , what-a winter wonderland!

Merujo said...

Ooooh! May I move into your house? It does look a lot like my bungalow dream house, doesn't it? I'm envious!

I love the photos from your vacation. It looks simply gorgeous. Where in Norway was the cabin you rented?

Peterson Toscano said...

wow! stunning photos!