17 February 2006

Winter break!

The world around me looks like this:

And for once, holidays seems well timed! We are leaving Saturday, and will be gone for a week. It's the first time we'll go off for our winter break. (I haven't had a winter break since school anyway, but even back then, we never went off anywhere...)
We'll be renting one of the cabins in this photo (sic!) and as you can see, there'll be tobogganing from morning till late night :) We'll even let the kids borrow the sleds if they've finished washing up... Noooo... The cabin's got a dishwasher, as well as two WC's (essential when you've got 5 kids!), a sauna, and basically everything you need for a perfectly relaxing holiday!

Oh, and we've even got a spare bed, so just give us a ring if you want to join in, right!??!

And for such a holiday, one needs to be prepared. Last time I bought skis (we're talking cross country - like every good Norwegian) I was in 8th or 9th grade. It's been a while...
So today I went out and bought a ski set - just look!

Let's just give that boot a closer look...
Yes, it's really loud, not exactly me... But it came with the set, it's actually horribly expensive (if you buy it separately, that is), it's water proof and it'll keep me warm.

And it'll be buried in snow most of the time anyway...

So, my dear bloglings, I'll be seeing you around next weekend or so, ok? The cabin doesn't come with a computer, which I think my family's rather happy about (and me just slightly nervous about)...

The kids have taken turn staying home from school / kindergarten this week, but we're hoping they'll wear it all off by tomorrow night, so we can set off fresh and well Saturday morning! Hope you all have a fantastic week and I'll see what photo opportunities this place will bring!

8 comments:

Merujo said...

Have a great time! I bought cross country skis when I lived in Russia, but I haven't used them since then. (Shame on me.)

CiarĂ¡n said...

Enjoy! Keep all your bones in the condition supposed to be in!

Sam said...

I'd love to come, but the very thought of all that snow makes me twitch.

Plus I've spent all my money on a ticket to Geneva.

Just D said...

Oh! Have FUN!! I'm so excited for you! Wheeeeeeee!

The Ebb said...

Sounds lovely , have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Heavens to Betsy that's beautiful.

Awwww... I miss pretty natural scenery. All I have is concrete and steel and man-made Central Park.

Actually, can Josh and I join you and you family? We'll bring our own sleds and skis and we promise not to get in the way.

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Wow, the cabin sounds amazing. What a wonderful time you are going to have. Enjoy the break away from reality (although it's a bummer that there is no computer ... don't you have a laptop !!) Have fun, stay warm, take care, Meow

Claire said...

sounds marvelous! I hope you're having a great time.