26 January 2006

Long lost friends...


I just watched Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail. Again. Hadn't seen it in years, though, and it was like meeting an old friend! Admittedly an old, very weird, totally irrational friend, but so much more fun...

Of course I still remembered the plot ('plot' being used very loosely...). And I remembered the Black knight ("what're you gonna do? Bleed on me?") who was left standing (again, 'standing' being used loosely as both his legs had been cut off...) by his post. I remembered the staggering, philosophical journey to reveal that a certain woman was, in fact, a witch...


But I had, in fact, forgotten this bloke, and his horrible taunting of the English:

"Hah! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!!"

I just love the Pythons... And no, EllasDevil, I don't need the subtitles to laugh :) (I've got it on vhs as well - only forgot about it for a while - without subtitles...)

4 comments:

author said...

I love this stuff - I even taped it as it was on telly yesterday and I was out...

And don't forget the quiz at the end:
-What's your favourite color?
- Blue! Eh.. no, wait... AAAAAHHHHHIIIII!

(WV:ardzkeyy!)

Scholiast said...

Really, Rarity - this is BRITISH humour, need I remind you?! (Although it works surprisingly well in Norway, and probably everywhere else too!)

The point is, it's "what's your favourite coloUr?"... Yes, I know. Nobody likes a smart-arse... It's just in my genes...

The Ebb said...

Have just read an interesting book about Graham Chapman. I've posted about it on my blog.

Sam said...

"Go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!"