04 November 2006

Blog meme about... blogging

EllasDevil tagged me to do this one --- which I'm happy to, as it's about blogging.. (Less happy, though, that when I had just about finished it, blogger acted up again, and left me with only the questions and not my answers. Well, here we go again...)

Do you like the look and contents of your blog?
I love the way it looks now! The old template really appealed to me when I started out, but lately I was feeling trapped in between the edges of it... Thanks to dear Chloe, it's now exactly as peaceful and open as I wanted it to be. The contents, well, sometimes I'm pretty pleased with it, sometimes I'm just ok with it - but if I'm any less enthusiastic I don't post at all.. When I started blogging there were things I wanted to say - now, after a year and a bit, there are mostly just people I want to see and places I want to go. I write about whatever's on my mind at any given moment, communication seems to have got the better of my writing...

Does your family know about your blog?
Yes, I believe most of them do. My mum reads it on a daily basis, so does my niece, currently living in San Francisco. My sister stops by sometimes, and my dad has, apparently, visited also. My hubby doesn't, but then he knows about what's going on around here anyway...

Can you tell your friends about your blog? Do you consider it a private thing?
Yeah, I think I've told most of them. That is, the one's that don't go "bleurgh? what's a bleurgh?"... This blog's not really private, just personal. My private blog is safe behind bars, I mean passwords..

Do you read the blogs of those who comment on your blog? Or do you try and discover new blogs?
I always stop by people's blogs if they've been to mine. And I'm always flattered. I don't always continue visiting theirs, though, but that's often just because, well, there are just so many hours in a day. I will, on occasion, click the "next blog" button, though, and have sometimes found blogs worth reading like that, so I guess the answer is yes. Guilty as charged..

Did your blog positively affect your mind? Give an example...
Well... I actually started a brand new blog, posted two posts (quite bizarre...) and then deleted the whole thing. It was only there for a few days, and I don't think anyone read it, but I still felt that I got this "thing" off my mind, and was quite happy deleting it. No, I'm not telling you what it was about... This blog too, though, has brought back some of the old me, I feel, that got lost somewhere between diapers and dishes. I'm really pleased finding it again!

What does the number of visitors to your blog mean? Do you have a traffic counter?
I do have a counter (statcounter). I used to be very anxious about the number of visitors - despairing if numbers dropped.. Now I mostly enjoy watching the visitor map, especially the times when Norway doesn't top the list...

Do you imagine what other bloggers look like?
Not really. If it's an anonymous blog, I try figuring out sex and age. Other than that it's not really interesting. Not in this world.

Do you think blogging has any real benefits?
Personally or on a world basis? It probably doesn't fix the hole in the ozone layer or bring back the dodos. But to me it's been good :) And my English is enjoying it too, it tells me...

Do you think that the blogosphere is a stand alone world community seperated from the real world?
Nope. It's just ordinary people (well, we're not that ordinary, but you get the gist...) - and a lot communicate even IRL, so it's a ringing 'no' to that!

Do some political blogs scare you? Do you avoid them?
Some blogs are a little scary, admittedly. It's amazing how many people there are out there and the ideas some of them have. I haven't really been scared stiff, though, not worse than I've been able to click 'next blog' at least...

Do you think that criticizing your blog is useful?
You mean do I listen to criticism? I might. Bring it on, I'll see what happens...

Have you ever thought about what would happen to your blog if you died?
No! Well, just now I did... It would just linger in cyberspace, I guess. And my copies would linger on this harddisk. And you'd all miss me like mad so I'll postpone that bit if you don't mind..

Which blogger has had the greatest impression on you?
A lot have. In different ways. I have some contacts beyond the blogs now, which I wouldn't have had without them, and that I wouldn't have wanted to be without. And some are just wonderful reading, inspiration or fun - or all of them. If I should mention just one, though, it'd have to be Josh & Josh's wonderful blog. That was the one that got me started, and their enthusiasm at receiving a gift from Norway was exemplary :) But all the blogs I read on a regular basis mean a lot to me. Really.

Which blogger do you think is the most similar to you?
Truly, I cannot begin to answer this - EllasDevil came up with the perfect answer and I will just have to give you his:
Oh great(!) Now I've got to go trawl the blog world looking for a 26 year old, absolutely stunning, sexy, drop dead gorgeous, funny, witty, talented, fashionable, sociable guy who's been blessed in the underpants department and knows what to do with it... just so I can say I've found someone similar to me! Wonderful... I'll start looking and let you know!

Name a song you want to listen too?
Well, naming just one is going to be hard --- I want to listen to the songs that are on the cd's I got for my birthday yesterday!

Tag some people
My niece Julie, who rips off all my memes anyway ;) And some who've made blogging into science - DevilMood and Kimananda. If you please. And anyone else who wants to, and leaves a comment so I know where to come look for proper answers...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very interesting read :-)

I have to say that I too really like the look of your blog. It looks great!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I'll be taking this tag very shortly. And I'd never thought before about if I think about what people I know through blogs look like. A lot of them put their photo on-blog, but otherwise, I suppose I don't really. But it seems a bit strange not to wonder about those things.

Anonymous said...

Hmm... Very interesting...

Well, I've taken this on, not to answer as yet, but to tag others and hopefully see what they have to say. I stumbled onto Kimananda's blog in the wee hours, and so borrowed the meme from there. Curious about who may have started this thing, I fumbled around in the dark and found my way here. I'll stop here, daylight is about to burn!