28 October 2005

Reading and goosebumps


Yesterday I finished The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho. I'd been meaning to read it since forever, and finally got 'round to it.

I read the last part on the boat going to work in the morning. There was a passage towards the end - when reading it, I got goosebumps all over! I've never experienced that when reading before. (Listening to music, that's another story, I do it all the time. I can put on a certain song or musical piece, and I know exactly when to watch the little hairs on my arms starting to lift..)

In case some of you haven't read it yet I won't say anything about the plot.. I'll just mention that I didn't think it was quite as awesome or unique as it has been made out to be.
But for the feeling it gave me for a little while - totally worth the read!

2 comments:

Claire said...

I'm quite fond of that book, but I can see what you mean about lack of uniqueness and hubbub worthiness. I hadn't heard anything about it when a friend lent it to me to read years ago... I like it as much because it reminds me of him.

Anonymous said...

it seems that with every passing year I belive more and more that there are readings, thoughts, ideas that cross our path when it is time for them to do so. This book crossed my path two years ago now and helped me along my path. I'm glad it could do the same for yyou!!