07 September 2006

While we're talking about movies..

1) The first movie you remember seeing on the big screen
The very first one? It was Robin Hood - the cartoon - and it was the big opening night at Radio City Music Hall, New York City! I was 5... I didn't remember much of the film (until I saw it again once it came to Norway), but I remembered thinking (even at that age) the can-can dancers and the throwing of frisbees over the audience and everything before the film started was a bit over the top...

2) Movie from which you can quote multiple lines in your sleep
You may know that I've got a very good memory for quotes. Had it been possible, I'd major in quotes. PhQu, if you like. Still, which one to choose... Sleepless in Seattle just now, just saw it again the other day!

3) Director (dead or alive) that you’d most want to have dinner with
Erh, actually, he's a producer, not a director - but he's gorgeous, good fun and a great producer - listed among Hollywood's top 100 people to know if you want to make it in the film world (despite being a Norwegian), so I think I'd have to say Harald Zwart.

4) Movie that should have won an Oscar but didn’t
Can't really say. I don't know which movies do win the Oscars...

5) Movie that didn’t disappoint despite being the adaptation of a book
Tough one. I've only seen one LOTR film, that fitted neatly in with my own images of the book, so perhaps I'll say this one. (Or I could mention quite a few that did disappoint...)

6) Movie you were dragged to by someone else expecting to hate, but which you loved
Can't remember ever having to be dragged, I used to love going. I would now too, given time & opportunity..

7) Movie that scares the crap out of you no matter how many times you see it
I don't see that kind of films - at all. My sister always saw horror movies, even if she had to go alone, just "because everyone sees this one". She'd sit in the cinema screaming, and come over to sleep in my bed. So when I was old enough, I just didn't go there..

8) The movie that makes you bawl no matter how many times you see it
La vita e bella. I sometimes avoid seeing it again when it's on television, but it's such a fantastic film, I sit through it at times anyway.

9) The movie that still has you rolling on the floor with laughter no matter how many times you’ve seen it
Any of the Blackadder and Python films (and related, such as A fish called Wanda)

10) Movie that fills you with a special joie de vivre
Much Ado About Nothing, no doubt. Kenneth Branagh must have been Shakespeare in a previous life, and Shakespeare is such fun!

No comments: