28 September 2006

A meme I'd like to see!

There are so many interesting people in this world! I've been lucky enough to meet quite a few. But I haven't stopped. It's just that you've got to wade through a bunch of indifferent individuals to find them. So I've invented a checklist that I'll go through with someone before deciding if I should spend any more time on them (or their blogs, as might also apply...). In no particular order.

TO BE ANSWERED 'YES':
- do you understand the concept of irony?
- would you like to visit / have you already visited other countries?
- can you be passionate about things like music, sports, books? (And I do mean passionate, as in screaming and biting your nails off / getting goosebumps etc. - NOT as in "I kind of like this...")
- do you read / listen to books etc.?
- would you like to learn / have you already learnt another language?
- can little things amuse you as much as (or more than) a television snippet?
- do you spend a lot of time on the internet?


TO BE ANSWERED 'NO':
- do you enjoy lengthy political discussions, even if you basically agree with someone?
- are other countries overrated?
- things like puns and subtle meanings are a drag, right?
- do you think people who engage in things like music, sports, books have too little to do?
- is your best time of day watching sitcoms?
- everyone in the world should talk [fill in mother tongue] only.
- do you spend a lot of time on the internet?

For those who wonder about the rather similar last questions of each section - see first question.. And no, I'd probably not really ask anybody this. Outright.

(I'm lunching all alone in my home office, right? So I get to blog. Therefore I am...)

6 comments:

Just D said...

raising my cup of hot chocolate to you! You are so funny - I've been chuckling while catching up on your posts... "I think we finally detonated our baby bomb"? HA!

x said...

exactly!
we must print these out and have them handy when we meet potential friends. Like a pre-nup?!

Devil Mood said...

We are definitely alike :)
But I do enjoy sitcoms, not all of them...but I do.

Anonymous said...

This is a great list! Off now to run prospective links throught your meme....

Mistress Regina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mistress Regina said...

Your collection is well thought and would be meaningful if it were truly a way people chose to live.







Support (.)(.) National Breast Caner Awareness Month - Make it every month.