10 September 2006

Endekiversary flowers


My hubby brought me these on our get-togethiversary, very nice, don't you think? The red ones are some African kind, rare around here at least. I like them a lot!

- But as my hubby asked the florist to put together something for his wife on a special occasion, she immediately suggested roses. He said no, he thought perhaps something different. "Oh. Not that special, then" the florist replied curtly...

She wasn't to know, of course, but he brings me flowers a lot - roses quite a few times - and wanted something different. Does it really have to be roses to be special?
 Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Devil Mood said...

This is all amazing to me because I had the idea that men didn't remember dates like that. But fortunately it isn't like that and your hubby even buys you flowers when there isn't a special date :)
Well done!

author said...

I think they are lovely (and so is the sentiment!) you lucky girl!

Merujo said...

I *love* those flowers! Simply gorgeous! I love flowers. When I lived in Russia, I bought myself dozens of roses all the time because they were incredibly inexpensive. (Maybe $1 or $2US a dozen.) But there's something so cool and so special about getting beautiful flowers that *aren't* roses. I think your wonderful husband chose very wisely. :-)

Unknown said...

Stunning bouquet! I miss the Oslo florists. Here in Lisbon it is difficult to finde nice flowers. If you want them real, that is. "70's" plastic flowers are still big here... Not a home without them (except ours). Strange, since everything grows in Portugal.

Claire said...

Roses can be so cliche. Those flowers look awesome!